Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finally

Anyone that has come over to my house for a meal in recent memory should truly understand why learning to cook like my mother and attempting to keep record of at least some of her creations in the kitchen is worth doing, and is a long time coming.  Night after night she produces the most amazing meals you can imagine.  Yet, night after night these meals come and go, with little trace.  This is not to say that those who have the chance to sit at our table and eat are not blown away every time, but there is no concrete record, which proves to be a shame at times.  

And that is why I have created this little blog.  Through this site I hope to document the meals and/or dishes made by my mom, myself, or both, through pictures, descriptions and recipes. As a result I will begin to finally take advantage of the knowledge my mom has to offer about the world of food and cooking.  This will also allow her to look back on the meals she has made in the past and plan accordingly for the guests.

So if you love my mom's cooking as much as I do and want to make good cooking a part of your life too, take a look and try some for yourself.  If you have no idea what I am talking about...well, all I can say is, I'm sorry...you don't know what you are missing.  Either way though, be inspired, make a meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment